How to detox your child ? A lot of you may be wondering how to detox your child? What should they eat and drink? What are the lifestyle tips? Well, here are a few tips that will help you do so naturally and keep your kids in the pink of health.
- Take care of what you put in your mouth. Let your kid eat a wholesome diet. Let the diet contain whole grains, a lot of greens, vegetables, nuts and fruits.
- Play. Yes, you heard it right. There is nothing like play to detox. Let’s not forget that kids are born to play. Encourage them to reduce screen time and spend time outdoors. Sweating it out while moving around will help remove toxins. Why don’t you join them too? It will be a fun way to detox.
- Sunlight. Let children get the required amount of Vitamin D from the best natural source- sunlight. Let them literally break a sweat. Vitamin D plays a key role in eliminating toxins from the body.
- Stay hydrated. Children play a lot and therefore need plenty of liquids to stay hydrated (How to remain hydrated ?). From plain water to coconut water, fruit juices and vegetable smoothies, there are lot of options available to keep them hydrated.
- Drive away the stress. Just it is important for adults to keep stress at bay, teach your kids simple tricks. It could be playing, experiencing nature, listening to a peaceful song or reading a relaxing book (Develop a reading habit and steps to select a book to read). Remember mental health is equally important as physical health.
- Get enough sleep. Our body’s different parts get repaired during sleep. Therefore make sure that you are getting adequate sleep. Sleep plays a key role in maintaining the health of a person.
- Cut down on junk food. Right from a young age, teach your kids about what is good to eat and what is not. Tell them about the harms caused by junk food (Foods and drinks avoided by everyone). Teach them about healthy snacking (Harmful effects of Junk food). A nutrient dense diet is the way to go. Make sure that you consult your family doctor before you try any detox options for you or your kids.
At the school we make sure that students are in the best of emotional and physical health. This helps in their overall development. This kind of a balanced approach, makes our school among the favorite CBSE school in Coimbatore.