School is the foundation of a child’s future and teachers are the architects. We facilitate every child understand that success is not a struggle. We enable them understand their strengths and hone the same.
GRADE 1 & 2
The scholastic and co-scholastic subjects like Math, English, EVS, Language, P.E., dance, music, art, Karate, skating, and theatre form the curriculum of Grades 1 and 2.
The child’s holistic development being the aim, extra-curricular activities are given importance equal to the academics. Keeping in mind that children at this age are mostly visual and kinesthetic learners, the concepts are taught using hands-on activities, math labs, and techno kit materials.
Phonic method of reading enables the child to learn the sounds of letters and put them together to read. Once they start reading, they develop the confidence to read and learn any subject independently.
We focus on language development by practising listening and speaking skills through role play, theatre, story time, and reading program. They are also equipped with reading and writing skills through stories and comprehension passages.
Sports curriculum is very carefully designed focussing on the child’s gross motor development and by exposing him to different sports activities.
To experience their classroom learning practically, field trips are organised regularly to various places.
Learning expo is organised twice a year during which the students showcase their learning in all subjects through hands-on activities and interactive sessions with parents.
GRADE 3 to 5
- Camford follows the syllabus and curriculum prescribed by the CBSE. The teaching process is customized to suit the needs of the learners with an emphasis on thinking skills, life skills and knowledge related to real life.
- The activities of both the curricular and co-curricular areas weave around a common theme of learning that would enable the child to get complete understanding of a theme and relating the learning with daily life experiences.
- We create a multidisciplinary approach that is engaging, relevant, challenging and significant for learners.
- Focuses on letting children explore their talents
- Develops children to meet certain competencies and attitudes
- Exploring through learning
- Encouraging holistic learning
- Promote learning by project method, creative thinking, literary research, informational technology etc.
- Field trips and excursions make learning fun
- The main focus of the curriculum revolves around Literacy, Numeracy, EVS, Personal, Social and Physical Education.
- Exposure to cultural arts – Fine arts and Performing Arts, the perfect catalyst to engage the mind, body and soul.
Every child is destined to succeed. All you have to do is hand them the tools to help them achieve it. `A day without books to school’, Sounds intriguing right! Yes, to foster self-learning and allow children to study according to his or her aptitude and skills, Thursday Treat is an ultimate treat. It brings about three domains of learning such as Cognitive, Affective and Psychomotor skills.
These are the key objectives that are to be achieved through the curriculum.
- Social skills
- Thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Self-Management skills
- Research skills
Co-Scholastic Activity / Learning Center
The contour of knowledge knows no bounds. To nurture the talents of each Camfordian the school has made extensive arrangements that enable the students to learn different arts, crafts, music and dance. The students are bequeathed with the opportunity to showcase their skills in visual as well as performing arts through a plethora of club activities.
Camford aims at all-round development of the students, by providing a platform to discover hidden talents and bloom into perfection. The club activities not only help in giving practical knowledge but also in carving out the best. The club aims at building up the confidence to face various creative activities and competitions. Under the system of Hobby clubs, all the students are divided as per their choice of their hobby. In this way, entire school gets branched in different clubs at their respective venue on the days for club activities.
The importance of regular physical activity in a person’s life not only helps them to stay healthy but also improves their emotional fitness. Playing sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Chess, Badminton) helps students relax and reduce their anxiety. The Sports club emphasize on three objectives.
- To seek right chances in the right places
- To enhance opportunities to be active
- To provide new openings to meet the needs of current and future generations
What is really needed to make democracy function is not the knowledge of facts, but right education.
– Mahatma Gandhi